Re: [INTERFACES] Odbc parser error

От Byron Nikolaidis
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] Odbc parser error
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Sferacarta Software wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Seems that ODBC driver have some problems while it translate Access
> commands.
> I created a form with a subform joined by two columns.
>
> after the Access Addnew event, log file returns the following error:
> conn=75511800, query='SELECT "risanamento"."oid" FROM "risanamento" WHERE (("distretto" =  '' ) AND ("progressivo" =
NULL) ) '
> ERROR from backend during send_query: 'ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "null"'
> STATEMENT ERROR: func=SC_execute, desc='', errnum=1, errmsg='Error while executing the query'
> NB: Note that parser translate ("progressivo" =  NULL) instead of
> ("progressivo" IS NULL).

Yes, the NULL works for parameters of an update statement, where Access would specify a statement such as "update table
setparam =
? where x = 1".  But it doesn't work in a select statement.  I don't think I have much to work with here.  The
statementcomes in as
something like "select * from table where x = ?".  I have to replace the ? with something.  On updates, 'NULL' works
fine.

I'm not sure what to do about this.  On other dbms, parameter passing is handled through a separate protocol to the
backend,usually
after a prepare statement, so on these its no problem to send a null, or large amounts of ascii/binary data, without
havingto worry
about direct substitution into the sql string or hitting the upper limit of the statement string.  I think until
Postgreshas such
as protocol for parameter substitution/passing, it will be difficult to fix this problem.

Any suggestions?

Byron