Re: howto: install posgresql on darwin/osxpb

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: howto: install posgresql on darwin/osxpb
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Hartzler <bruceh@mail.utexas.edu> writes:
> (int2 & int4 will "fail" because of different error messages)
> (geometry "fails" because 0 != -0 for some reason)

See the documentation about platform-specific regress test comparison
files.  You'll need to add entries to regress/resultmap.  There may well
be existing comparison files that work for you, else add another one.

> - when compiled with any -O, the following regression tests fail:
> oidjoins .. failed
> type_sanity .. failed
> opr_sanity .. failed

Probably the known fmgr portability problems for PPC.  Postgres has
never worked with -O on any PPC platform (at least not with gcc).

It's actually not so interesting to be porting 7.0.* at this point ---
what you really should be working on is pgsql's current development
sources, with the hope that you can contribute patches to make 7.1
work out-of-the-box.  The fmgr issues are fixed now on PPC (I've run
regression tests -O2 on LinuxPPC with no problems), and Peter Eisentraut
has made huge strides toward bringing our configure/build system into
line with standard GNU & autoconf practice.  So in theory the port
should be less painful than it was for 7.0.*.

You can pull current sources from our CVS server, or there's a nightly
snapshot tarfile.  Note you should test on a known-supported platform
(LinuxPPC is now in that class, if that's convenient for you) to make
sure you got a working snapshot and not momentary devel breakage :-(