Re: Escaping single quotes with backslash seems not to work

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Escaping single quotes with backslash seems not to work
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 6/10/24 10:51, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 10, 2024 at 11:42 AM David G. Johnston
> <david.g.johnston@gmail.com <mailto:david.g.johnston@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On Mon, Jun 10, 2024 at 8:19 AM Ron Johnson <ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com
>     <mailto:ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>         "set standard_encoding_strings = on" is at the top, and there's
>         no other reference to it.
>

>     Well, if they are not using E-strings for escapes then you have the
>     answer why v14 is broken.  Does it really matter why v9.6 apparently
>     worked even though it should not have if that setting was also set
>     to on?
>

> It matters that *something broke* either between PG 9.6 and 14 *OR* the
> old JDBC driver and the new JDBC driver, because the client end users
> are HOPPING MAD.

What was the change in the JDBC driver version?

What is the error you are getting currently?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: Multiple tables row insertions from single psql input file
Сообщение: Re: Multiple tables row insertions from single psql input file