Re: [HACKERS] Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add citext_pattern_ops forcitext contrib module

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add citext_pattern_ops forcitext contrib module
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add citext_pattern_ops forcitext contrib module  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers

On 09/19/2017 11:11 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Andrew Dunstan <andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
>> This seems to have upset a number or animals in the buildfarm.
> Actually, after looking closer, my advice is just to drop the new
> test cases involving accented letters.  It surprises me not in the
> least that those would have nonportable behavior: probably, some
> locales will case-fold them and some won't.
>
> (This does open up some questions about whether the opclass will
> ever be of use for Alexey's original purpose :-()

Actually, it now looks to me like the problem is we forgot to tell
postgres that this data is in utf8. The problem appears to resolve (at
least on my CentOS test box, where I reproduced the buildfarm error) if
I add
   set client_encoding = 'utf8';

to the sql file.

Of course UTF8 bytes interpreted as LATIN1 will give results that are
... interesting.

So let's try that first and see if it make the buildfarm go green. Maybe
there's hope for Alexey's purpose after all.

cheers

andrew