Re: Order changes in PG16 since ICU introduction

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Order changes in PG16 since ICU introduction
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 22.04.23 01:00, Jeff Davis wrote:
> On Fri, 2023-04-21 at 16:33 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
>> And the fact that "C" or "POSIX" gets transformed into
>> "en-US-u-va-posix"
>
> I already expressed, on reflection, that we should probably just not do
> that. So I think we're in agreement on this point; patch attached.

This makes sense to me.  This way, if someone specifies 'C' locale
together with ICU provider they get an error.  They can then choose to
use the libc provider, to get the performance path, or stick with ICU by
using the native spelling of the locale.