Re: Timestamp vs timestamptz

От Agent M
Тема Re: Timestamp vs timestamptz
Дата
Re: Timestamp vs timestamptz
Список pgsql-general
But watch out! This is mentioned in the docs but it bit me when I used
timestamp with time zone so:

timestamp with time zone does not record the timezone you inserted it
with- it simply stores the GMT version and converts to whatever
timezone you like on demand. If the timezone is important data, you
will need an extra column for it. For example, flight arrival
information should probably include the timezone of the destination.

-M

On Jul 13, 2006, at 8:04 PM, David Fetter wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 13, 2006 at 04:35:20PM -0700, Antimon wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I'm working on a web project with pgsql, i did use mysql before and
>> stored epoch in database so i'm not familiar with these datatypes.
>>
>> What i wanna ask is, if i don't need to display timestamps in
>> different timezones,
>
> Not this week, but who knows about next week?
>
>> shall i use timestamptz anyway?
>
> Yes.  Timestamptz is the one. :)

AgentM
agentm@themactionfaction.com