Re: errbacktrace

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: errbacktrace
Дата
Re: errbacktrace  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2019-07-22 20:19, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On 2019-07-09 11:43, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> After further research I'm thinking about dropping the libunwind
>> support.  The backtrace()/backtrace_symbols() API is more widely
>> available: darwin, freebsd, linux, netbsd, openbsd (via port), solaris,
>> and of course it's built-in, whereas libunwind is only available for
>> linux, freebsd, hpux, solaris, and requires an external dependency.
>
> Here is an updated patch without the libunwind support, some minor
> cleanups, documentation, and automatic back traces from assertion failures.

Another updated version.

I have changed the configuration setting to backtrace_functions plural,
so that you can debug more than one location at once.  I had originally
wanted to do that but using existing functions like
SplitIdentifierString() resulted in lots of complications with error
handling (inside error handling!).  So here I just hand-coded the list
splitting.  Seems simple enough.

I think this patch is now good to go from my perspective.

Вложения