Re: Account privileges

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: Account privileges
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 11/16/21 9:07 PM, Prathima Mulpuri wrote:
> Hi all, I need some help regarding Postgres and I have checked and
> tried many queries. I am working on RDS Postgres 13 and in the
> process of preparing the script for auditing all the user privileges
> . As a part of our auditing, I need a script to list down all the
> privileges of all the users to each database and if any privilege
> that I need is missing, it should automatically execute the grant
> /revoke (for example account1 should have only select privileges. If
> it is granted with anything else it should revoke the permissions and
> if select is not granted it should grant the select privilege) .
> This should be done for all the databases in an instance in 1
> script. I want to use cursor to list the databases and to run the
> check and execute queries using a function or a stored procedure. The
> results of the script should be sent to an email.
>
> Please share any ideas and solutions for my requirement.

I am not aware of an existing solution that does all of those things,
but you could probably build one starting with the "check_access" extension:

https://github.com/CrunchyData/crunchy_check_access

You can see examples of use of the extension here:

https://blog.crunchydata.com/blog/postgresql-defaults-and-impact-on-security-part-1

In particular, you could use check_access to enumerate all privileges
when in a known-good state, save that output somewhere as the required
baseline state (e.g. in a text file), and then compare later audit runs
against that baseline (e.g. using diff).

Automation of remediation is left as an exercise for you ;-)

HTH,

Joe
--
Crunchy Data - http://crunchydata.com