Re: Raid Configurations

От Decibel!
Тема Re: Raid Configurations
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Aug 17, 2007, at 6:55 PM, Merlin Moncure wrote:
> So, I'd be looking at a large raid 10 and 1-2 drives for the WAL...on
> a raid 1.  If your system supports two controllers (in either
> active/active or active/passive), you should look at second controller
> as well.

If you only have one controller, and it can cache writes (it has a
BBU), I'd actually lean towards putting all 12 drives into one raid
10. A good controller will be able to handle WAL fsyncs plenty fast
enough, so having a separate WAL mirror would likely hurt more than
help.
--
Decibel!, aka Jim Nasby                        decibel@decibel.org