How to see detailed plan of a funciton

От Obe, Regina DND\\MIS
Тема How to see detailed plan of a funciton
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
I have a pgsql function that returns a set of records and I'm trying to
optimize it.

Needless to say it goes thru several selects and appends to the final
result.  I was wondering how I can see the query plan without having to
write things out piece meal.

Explain doesn't help too much since it doesn't get into the guts of the
selects that the function is doing.

For example my function call looks something like

select * from fnget_near_parcels('17', 'KERR PLACE', '02119')

And if I do an explain on this, I simply get

Function Scan on fnget_near_parcels  (cost=0.00..12.50 rows=1000 width=287)

Thanks,
Regina

confidential, legally  privileged and/or exempt from disclosure pursuant to
Massachusetts law. It is intended  solely for the addressee. If you
received this in error, please contact the sender and  delete the material
from any computer.