Re: [HACKERS] more on int8

От Thomas G. Lockhart
Тема Re: [HACKERS] more on int8
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I tried the int8 type under BSD/OS, running 6.3.2 (contrib/int8).
> There the %Ld type is unimplemented and %lld or %qd both work.
> For BSD/OS 3.1, since DLSUFFIX is .o (static shared libraries), there
> is a circular dependence in the Makefile. This is resolved by
> commenting out (or ifdefing) the following segment:
> int8$(DLSUFFIX):       int8.o
>        $(CC) -shared -o int8$(DLSUFFIX) int8.o $(CLIBS)
> Under BSD/OS 4.0 this should not be neccesary, as it supports Linux
> style shared libraries.
> I am missing the aggregate functions, such as sum() to deal with int8.
> Is there problem to add all functionality that
> exists for int4 to the int8 type?

int8 is a native built-in type for the next release of Postgres. Would
you be willing to try beta testing the package and we can work out how
to support BSD/OS?

It may be that no changes would be necessary for you, since we are now
using "%lld" for the default printf/scanf formatting string. But you
would have to try an installation and see if "configure" catches the
right characteristics of your system. The shared library won't be an
issue since everything is now built in.

Regards.

                    - Tom