Re: [HACKERS] Problem with the constraints test and PRIMARY KEY on UnixWare 7.

От Thomas G. Lockhart
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Problem with the constraints test and PRIMARY KEY on UnixWare 7.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> This is the same problem as that has been pestering me for two weeks.

Just a reminder: you aren't the only one :/

> Billy, please try this simple test:
> CREATE TABLE foo (bar int);
> \d foo
> CREATE INDEX foo_idx ON foo USING btree (bar);
> \d foo
> Is foo gone?

Depending on the outcome, you will fall into one of three camps wrt
indexing problems:
1) no problem, no matter what test you run (Bruce and FreeBSD)
2) problems at some level, but needing a slightly more complicated
    sequence of commands to get there (Tom, Tatsuo, and Linux, etc.)
3) problems with a very simple sequence of commands (David and AIX)

Assuming that these all stem from a single underlying problem, then it
seems that David's machine would have the fast-track on finding it,
since he can provoke symptoms so easily. Unfortunately, none of those
affected with the problem are familiar with the areas of code which are
problematic.

Does anyone else see the problem at David's level? Does anyone see these
problems on anything other than Linux and Unixware? Does anyone see no
problems on anything other than FreeBSD?

There is another problem in the code wrt views and rules and freeing
memory after a query. I'm starting to look at that one, figuring that it
will be easier to track down and will reduce the number of problems we
are trying to fight at one time.

                       - Tom

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Macro From Hell
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Macro From Hell