Re: [HACKERS] index fix report

От Thomas G. Lockhart
Тема Re: [HACKERS] index fix report
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Forgot to mention.  I still have the problem also.    Tom, what are
> you running on?   Is platform still a factor in this problem?

Platform is a problem in that Bruce's FreeBSD/i686 machine does not show
the symptoms, but it's a pretty widespread problem beyond that afaik.
I'm running on Linux/i686. Tatsuo sees problems on Linux/PPC. Some Sparc
machines running Solaris and Linux apparently still show problems.

I'm guessing that it is a byte alignment difference in malloc behavior
between the systems which exposes misaligned structures on some
platforms. How's that for pure speculation, eh?

                        - Tom