C++ / pgsql Interface

От R.Stevens
Тема C++ / pgsql Interface
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I have recently discovered the C++ interface and want to make use of it.

I have using postgres for development for the past 6 months or so.  I am
an inexperienced c++ programmer.  To matters worse, I am
a COBOL programmer.  But that is beside the point.

My RedHat machine runs an Apache WebServer with PHP compiled in as a
module.  Currently, I use the PHP script to handle my Front End
connection to Postgres.
Not that this makes a difference one way or another to postgres, but
anyway there you have it.

Now, when I originally built postgres, I did not set any options for
using the PGLIB++ interface.  This brings me to my  questions:

1)  Can I safely dump my datqabase and recreate it after recompiling
postgres?

2)  What --with  options will I need at compoile time to enable the C++
Interface?  (--with-libs+DIRS, --with-includes=DIRS)

Your help is GREATLY appreciated!

- Raimee