Re: [INTERFACES] PgSQL released

От Goran Thyni
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] PgSQL released
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Oleg Bartunov wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have Edmund's Pg.pm and DBD::Pg to access a PostgreSQL database.
> What's the benefits of using PgSQL ?
>
>         Regards,
>
>                 Oleg
> On Sat, 29 Aug 1998, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
>
> > How about a short description of what it is?

Oleg and Marc,

the PgSQL in question is a perl-modul for accessing postgresql 6.4
databases.
The diffences from Edmund's modules is that this one is "pure perl"
(no C code, no compiler needed). In most cases you would use DBI/DBD::Pg
but a "pure perl" module has it's uses (Edmund agreed).
We discussed these issues on this list, check the archives :-).

    best regards,
        Göran.