Re: [INTERFACES] JDBC Connection

От John Reilly
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] JDBC Connection
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Eric Marsden wrote:

>   DrH> I am trying to connect to PostgreSQL from Java (JDK 1.1.6)
>   DrH> under RedHat Linux 5.1 using the JDBC interface. I have
>   DrH> compiled the driver and tried to run the examples this way:
>   DrH>
>   DrH> java -Djdbc.drivers=postgresql.Driver example.basic jdbc:postgresql:prueba
>   DrH> postgres postgres
>   DrH>
>   DrH> where 'prueba' is the name of an existing database.
>   DrH> But I always get a 'Connection refused' error in
>   DrH> DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:postgresql:prueba")
>   DrH>
>   DrH> I have modified pg_hba.conf to allow any user on any host
>   DrH> access to any database but the error still remains.
>
> Possible solution: have you started the database with the `-i' option
> (to allow TCP/IP connections, which are used by the JDBC interface)?
> Read the postmaster manual page for more details.

Hi,
For RedHat5.1
edit  /etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql  and add the -i parameter there.

     "su postgres -c '/usr/bin/postmaster -i -S -D/var/lib/pgsql'"

jr

John Reilly,            |  Phone: +353 1 6046006
Broadcom Eireann Research Ltd.,    |  Fax:   +353 1 6761532
Kestrel House,            |  Email: jr@broadcom.ie
Clanwilliam Place,        |
Dublin 2,  Ireland        |