Re: [HACKERS] Re: type coersion (was OR clause status)

От Thomas G. Lockhart
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: type coersion (was OR clause status)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > The first thing I want to try is to substitute the operator for
> > types which are known to be binary-compatible and do not have their
> > own index defined.

Got a start on it :)

regression=> explain select * from tenk1 where oid = 3000;
NOTICE:  QUERY PLAN:

Index Scan using tenk1_oid on tenk1  (cost=2.05 size=1 width=148)

EXPLAIN

So far, I've just done the right-hand form (the one with the constant on
the rhs of the expression). The left-hand form should be easy now.

So, just curious: if we stop here, and only match up binary-compatible
built-in types with available indices, then what v6.3.2 features/good
behaviors are still missing?

                       - Tom

The example is from the regression test database with an extra btree
index built on the tenk1 table...

regression=> \d tenk1

Table    = tenk1
+----------------------------------+----------------------------------+-------+
|              Field               |              Type                |
Length|
+----------------------------------+----------------------------------+-------+
| unique1                          | int4
|     4 |