Re: [INTERFACES] Re: thread-safe libpq and DBD::Pg

От Edmund Mergl
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] Re: thread-safe libpq and DBD::Pg
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Goran Thyni wrote:

> Edmund,
>
> I certainly respect your opinions and take note. We have used your
> DBD::Pg-module
> in several projects here with great success.
>
> This is the conclusions I have reach:
>
> * A "pure perl"-interface is useful for
>         - systems without decent C-compiler
>         - systems not supported by libpq
>           (there is already a pure TCL interface, isn't it?)
>         - in other special applications where "pure perl" is preferable.
> * I will release my module, probably called PgSQL since,
>         - I need a "pure perl" interface for a couple of project
>         - The basic module is mostly done already
>         - Why not share?
> * I will *NOT* make a DBD interface, because
>         - I don't need it
>         - the C-code in DBI make the arguments for "pure perl" mute
>         - It would confuse J. Random Looser and friends :-)

ok, I agree. I thought you are just working on a second DBD module
with the additional feature to be thread safe. A pure perl module
is certainly interesting for many people.

Edmund
--
Edmund Mergl          mailto:E.Mergl@bawue.de
Im Haldenhau 9        http://www.bawue.de/~mergl