Re: [GENERAL] removal of types

От Vadim Mikheev
Тема Re: [GENERAL] removal of types
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> I would like to remove the following types in 6.4:
>
>         oidint2
>         oidint4
>         oidname
>
> These store composite values, i.e., stores an oid and an int2.  Not sure
> why these ever existed, and I would be surprised if anyone used them.

local1_template1.bki.source:

declare index pg_attribute_relid_attnam_index on pg_attribute
        using btree(mkoidname(attrelid, attname) oidname_ops)
                                                 ^^^^^^^
declare index pg_attribute_relid_attnum_index on pg_attribute
        using btree(mkoidint2(attrelid, attnum) oidint2_ops)
                                                ^^^^^^^
Actually, having multi-key indices we could use them
istead of functional indices...

Vadim