Re: [INTERFACES] Re: thread-safe libpq and DBD::Pg

От Goran Thyni
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] Re: thread-safe libpq and DBD::Pg
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Tom,

Tom Lane wrote:

> Goran Thyni <goran@bildbasen.se> writes:
> > I am using perl 5.005_01 with threads support and DBI/DBD::Pg.
> > DBI/DBD is the "standard" RDBMS-interface for perl available
> > from CPAN.
>
> Hmm.  Well, I'm afraid I have too much on my plate already to go chasing
> an incompatibility with someone else's software.  If you or someone else
> can track down what the problem is, I'll gladly help fix libpq (if
> that's what needs fixed) ... but I can't spare the time right now to
> chase a problem that doesn't show up in my setup.

Since there are 3 pcs of s/w involved (all 3 with many lines of C-code)
and non of them are really well tested in a threaded environment
it is a real kludge.
I understand anyone who do not want to stick his head into that,
I pulled my own back and started experimenting with my "pure perl"
interface instead.
Your work cleaning up libpq will be appriciated by lots of programmers
out there.

As a status report on my module, it now fetch records OK too.
On the ToDo-list:
    * INET-socket support (now it is Unix domain sockets only)
    * explicit cursor support
    * BLOB-support
    * clean-up of error handling/reporting
    * test suite
    * DBI-DBD layer on top of standard module
I will release a snap-shot as soon as it is cleaned up a bit and
somewhat more tested.

    regards,
Göran Thyni, sysadm, JMS Bildbasen, Kiruna