Re: [SQL] Which index is better for join operations

От Vadim Mikheev
Тема Re: [SQL] Which index is better for join operations
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Chris Williams wrote:

> I have a SQL statement that is SLOW and I am wondering if using a hash index instead of a btree on
> the fields that are used for the join operations would be faster?  Anyone have any input on this.

No. Also, keep in mind that btree-s are more stable and hash
index creation takes more time.

Did you run vacuum? Also, it's always good to build index after
copying data to tables - it's faster and updates statistic
about relation.

> The query is between 3 tables.  If you need any more details, please let me know.

Vadim

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: