About connecting to a database

От Mariano Herrero
Тема About connecting to a database
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Hello everybody,

I have the following problem. When I execute my application to query a
PostgresSQL database, the PGsetdb function gives me the following error:

FATAL: PQsetdb: Unable to determine a Postgres username!

and the application can't connect to the database.

Could anyone say me what the reason can be ? Thanks in advance !!

Regards,

    Mariano

 Mariano Herrero                   office: F2.315
 University of  Paderborn          voice:  +49 5251 60-6693
 Dept. of Computer Science         fax:    +49 5251 60-6697
 Fuerstenallee 11                  mailto:mariano@uni-paderborn.de
 33102 Paderborn, Germany

 http://www.uni-paderborn.de/fachbereich/AG/monien/PERSONAL/MARIANO/