Re: [GENERAL] [Fwd: PostgreSQL - Desparate!]

От David Hartwig
Тема Re: [GENERAL] [Fwd: PostgreSQL - Desparate!]
Дата
Список pgsql-general
This happens to us whenever the cleaning lady gets behind the server and
kicks the plug.   We put wrapper script around the postmaster to clean up
these and any orphaned sort files.    My guess is that the "rm /tmp/*" at
boot time does not remove the hidden dot files.

Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Have you re-booted the machine?
>

> -- Start of included mail From:  Bernie <bfb@att.net>

> > Sender:  root@lena.s.bawue.de
> > Date:  Sun, 02 Aug 1998 14:15:15 +0000
> > To:  E.Mergl@bawue.de
> > Subject:  PostgreSQL - Desparate!
>
> > Pardon the intrusion, but I have a dilemma which I cannot find
> > the answer to, after searching the newsgroups, documentation,
> > and mailing lists -- My postmaster will not start.
> >
> > Below is a message I've posted in several newsgroups.  If you
> > could make ANY suggestions on getting postmaster to work,
> > I would appreciated it greatly.
> >
> > -Thanks
> >
> > -------------------------
> > whenever I attempt to start the postmaster, I get the
> > following error:
> >
> > FindBackend: found "/usr/bin/postgres" using argv[0]
> > FATAL: StreamServerPort: bind() failed: errno=13
> >         Is another postmaster already running on that port?
> >         If not, remove socket node (/tmp/.s.PGSQL.<portnr>)and retry.
> >
> > I'ts been working fine for several weeks until recently.  There are
> > no files in /tmp relating to postgreSQL.  The port I'm using is not in
> > use by another process, determined with the ps auxw|grep postma
> > command, and also, fuser -vun tcp 5432.
> >
> > Here's the command I'm using to start postmaster:
> > nohup /usr/bin/postmaster -i -B 256 -p 5432 -d -D /var/lib/pgsql
> > >/home/postgres/pgsql.log 2>/home/postgres/pgsql.err &
> >
> > I'm using postgreSQL 6.3.2 under RedHat Linux 5.1.
> >
> > -Thanks
> >

> -- End of included mail.
>
> --
> Bruce Momjian                          |  830 Blythe Avenue
> maillist@candle.pha.pa.us              |  Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania 19026
>   +  If your life is a hard drive,     |  (610) 353-9879(w)
>   +  Christ can be your backup.        |  (610) 853-3000(h)

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] [Fwd: PostgreSQL - Desparate!]
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] [Fwd: PostgreSQL - Desparate!]