Re: [INTERFACES] 'xmin' column in the Access 97

От David Hartwig
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] 'xmin' column in the Access 97
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces

Michael Yeung wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I am using the latest ODBC Driver to connect to the Postgres DataBase ! Then I use Access 97 to link the table in the
postgresdatabase with this latest ODBC Driver behind a firewall.

> However, an additional column called 'xmin' appears for which contains a six digit number. This 'xmin' column IS NOT
CREATEDin the Postgres Database !

> Have anyone of you experienced the similar problem ? Any suggestions and solutions will be highly appreciated.

You have Row Versioning turned on in the driver.   You can either manually hide the field via Access properties, or
turnit off  the feature in the driver.   Check Advanced Options -
DataSource.   Before you do so, you may want to refer to  http://www.insightdist.com/psqlodbc/psqlodbc_confighelp.html
formore details.  Look for Advanced Options - Row Versioning and
be sure to check out the faq (http://www.insightdist.com/psqlodbc/psqlodbc_faq.html) on this issue.

От: Hannu Krosing
Сообщение: Re: [INTERFACES] 'xmin' column in the Access 97
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] atttypmod now 32 bits, interface change