Re: [INTERFACES] Re: [HACKERS] changes in 6.4

От David Hartwig
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] Re: [HACKERS] changes in 6.4
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces

Hannu Krosing wrote:

> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >

> > I was afraid I was going to insult someone by saying what I did.
> >
> > I MEANT that there are no features being added that a non-postgresql
> > user would be interested in.  subselects was one feature that
> > non-postgresql users would understand.  Most of our stuff now is
> > cleanup/extension of 6.3 features, many of which would be uninteresting
> > to potential users.
>
> Not requiring the column to sort on in target list ia also quite
> important.

Along these lines - I heard someone grumbling a while back about not being
able to use a function in the ORDER/GROUP BY clauses.  (i.e. SELECT bar FROM
foo ORDER  BY  LCASE(alpha);)   I believe it is on the TODO list.   Bruce, I
will claim this item unless someone else already has.

Сообщение: Re: [INTERFACES] Re: [HACKERS] changes in 6.4
Сообщение: Re: [INTERFACES] Re: [HACKERS] changes in 6.4