JDBC and DriverManager

От Jeffrey Napolitano
Тема JDBC and DriverManager
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Okay...the below code compiles fine, but when it runs, it throws the
SQLException at the DriverManager line (as you can see, everything below
is commented out).  There is indeed a datasource "bugs", and PostgreSQL
is running on the local machine.  There is no password needed to access
the database, and I can access "bugs" interactively with psql.  Am I not
importing a package...?

I need help...am lost to why it throws the SQLException.

import java.util.*;
import java.io.*;
import java.sql.*;

public class HopeSprings {
                String url = "jdbc:postgresql:bugs";
                Connection con;
                String createString;
                createString = "create table STUFF " + "(NAME
varchar(30), " + "IDNUMBER int)";
                Statement stmt;

                try {
                        Class.forName("postgresql.Driver");
                }
                catch(ClassNotFoundException except) {
                        System.out.println("ClassNotFound: didn't
work");
                }

                try {
                        con = DriverManager.getConnection(url);
                        //stmt = con.createStatement();
                        //stmt.executeUpdate(createString);
                        //stmt.close();
                        //con.close();
                }
                catch(SQLException sqlexcept) {
                        System.out.println("The SQL Exception was
thrown");
                }
        } //End of main in JDBC_Connection class
} //End of JDBC_Connection class bracket