Re: postgres_fdw aggregate pushdown for group by with expressions

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: postgres_fdw aggregate pushdown for group by with expressions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
=?utf-8?Q?Micha=C5=82_K=C5=82eczek?= <michal@kleczek.org> writes:
> Does that mean that *any* expression containing text constants is not going to be pushed down??
> That would be a really serious issues I’d say.

If it contains text constants and not text variables, possibly so.
Keep in mind though that this rule is applied after constant-folding,
so that what we're left with is normally going to contain variables
at every level.  extract() is problematic because it combines a
text constant with a datetime (collation-less) variable.