Re: [INTERFACES] scrollable cursor via odbc

От Byron Nikolaidis
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] scrollable cursor via odbc
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces

Christian Steindl wrote:

> i use the odbc interface to the postgresql but it seems to be quite
> slowly.
> although it's a single table with about 20.000 rows.
> i set a link in an access-db and scrolling (next page, last row) is very
> slowly.
> is there a way to optimize the performance?
> can i use scrollable cursor via the odbc-drv?

We need more information than the subjective "slow".

First of all, what version of the driver are you using?

Also, there are numerous reasons besides the driver that the performance can
be slow.

Are you using an index on your table?
Are you using a unique identifier in Access?  The kind of queries this
generates (multiple  OR's) can be extremely slow because of the backend
canonifier problem.
Is the system postgres is running on slow?
Do you have the "Use Declare/Fetch" driver option checked?

If you are using a unique identifier, is it a single keypart or multiples?

Byron