Re: [INTERFACES] jdbc, Dates, and JBuilder

От Dallas Hockley
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] jdbc, Dates, and JBuilder
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Peter Mount wrote:

> On Wed, 24 Jun 1998, Dallas Hockley wrote:
[snip]

> This is an old Java bug that I thought I had got rid of. The
> java.util.Date class seems to loose a day somewhere in the conversion
> (at least this is with JDK1.1.3 which I still use).
>
> > Has anyone experienced similar behaviour, or has anyone got a definitive
> > "it can't be ..... because.... "
>
> No, it's definitley in there.
>
> I thought I had got rid of it by adding one to the day in ResultSet... it
> looks like I'll have to add "fix Date support" to the list of things to
> work on again.

Thanks for the quick reply Peter, although there is one thing I forgot
to mention.

It appears the conversion on the insert is where the glitch was
introduced, as psql returns the altered date as well as a jdbc query.
The two are in agreement, but they are both not correct with respect to
the data that was inserted.

I will upgrade the driver though.... thanks.

Dallas

hockleyd@cybersoft.ab.ca