Re: Postgres 16 missing from apt repo?

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Postgres 16 missing from apt repo?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2/22/24 13:29, Tamal Saha wrote:
> Hi,
> I can't find the Postgres 16 folder in
> https://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/pool/

<https://mailtrack.io/l/5afb5f83fab81e3ff7e312ccb5f762a6aca1f1d9?url=https%3A%2F%2Fapt.postgresql.org%2Fpub%2Frepos%2Fapt%2Fpool%2F&u=3471932&signature=db336b9bf87dd299>
forthe last 4-5 days. Is this a known issue? Thanks!

 From

https://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/pool/README

"Almost all packages in the apt.postgresql.org repository, including the
PostgreSQL server packages for all versions, are located in the "main"
component (aka directory). The other N.N components here (like "9.2")
merely serve as stowage for the non-default-version library packages
built from server packages. The libpq packages from the older PostgreSQL
versions live here, as well as those from beta and devel branches. The
libpq packages from the newest stable PostgreSQL version live in "main"
as well.

This is why the N.N directories here only contain few package, and most
of the time there will not even be a directory for the "current" stable
PostgreSQL version.
"

Are you having issues installing/upgrading Postgres 16?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com