Re: [INTERFACES] Re: M$-Access'97 and TIMESTAMPs

От Hannu
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] Re: M$-Access'97 and TIMESTAMPs
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Byron Nikolaidis wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have tested other types besides timestamps, like int4, and they seem
> to work fine as a versioning column.  So, we could use the postgres
> 'xmin' column, if we displayed it in SQLColumns.  It seems to always
> update so you wouldn't have to worry about a trigger.  I'm not sure what
> end-users would think about seeing these ugly columns in Access?  Any
> thoughts about that?

Is'nt there some way in ODBC to return some kind of _system_ columns,
like there are system tables ?

I think that PostgreSQL is not the only database that has system columns

Hannu

Сообщение: Re: [INTERFACES] Re: M$-Access'97 and TIMESTAMPs
Сообщение: Re: [INTERFACES] Re: M$-Access'97 and TIMESTAMPs