Re: Insertion to temp table deteriorating over time

От Steven Flatt
Тема Re: Insertion to temp table deteriorating over time
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Good question, and I agree with your point.

Are the removable rows in pg_class even an issue?  So what if 5000-6000 dead tuples are generated every hour then vacuumed?  Performance continues to steadily decline over a few days time.  Memory usage does not appear to be bloating.  Open file handles remain fairly fixed.  Is there anything else I can monitor (perhaps something to do with the odbc connection) that I could potentially correlate with the degrading performance?

Steve

Oh, then where *are* the removable rows coming from?  At this point I
think that the truncate/refill thing is not the culprit, or at any rate
is only one part of a problematic usage pattern that we don't see all of
yet.

Сообщение: Re: Insertion to temp table deteriorating over time
Сообщение: Re: Insertion to temp table deteriorating over time