Re: [HACKERS] regular expressions from hell

От Thomas G. Lockhart
Тема Re: [HACKERS] regular expressions from hell
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I've noticed there are no less then 10^10 regex implementations.
> Is there a standard?  Does ANSI have a regexp standard, or is there
> a regex standard in the ANSI SQL spec?  What do we use?

afaik the only regex in ANSI SQL is that implemented for the LIKE
operator. Pretty pathetic: uses "%" for match-all and "_" for match-any
and that's it. Ingres had a bit more, with bracketed character ranges
also. None as rich as what we already have in the backend of Postgres.

Don't know about any other ANSI standards for regex, but I don't know
that there isn't one either...

                       - Tom