Re: [HACKERS] Current sources?

От David Hartwig
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Current sources?
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Current sources?  (Bruce Momjian <maillist@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > The second option (your earlier suggestion) seems to be necessary and sufficient.   The junk filter (and
> > jf_cleanTupType) will always exist, for SELECT statements, as long as the following is not a legal statement:
> >
> >         SELECT   FROM foo GROUP BY bar;
> >
> > Currently the parser will not accept it.  Sufficient.
> >
> > The first option will set tupType, for non-SELECT statements, to something it otherwise may not have been.
> > I would rather not risk effecting those calling routines which are not executing a SELECT command.  At this
> > time, I do not understand them enough, and I see no benefit.   Necessary?
>
> OK, I will leave it alone.  Is there a way to use junk filters only in
> cases where we need them?

I have not YET come up with a clean method for detection of the a resjunk flag being set, on some resdom in the
tatget list, by a GROUP/ORDER BY.   I will give it another look.   It does seem a bit heavy handed to construct the
filter unconditionally on all SELECTS.

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Current sources?
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Current sources?