Re: [INTERFACES] MS Access & PsqlODBC: Invalid field name 'name'

От Byron Nikolaidis
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] MS Access & PsqlODBC: Invalid field name 'name'
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Ewan Mellor wrote:

> Byron Nikolaidis wrote:
> >
> > Set the "Recognize Unique Indexes" to disabled (unchecked).
> > Then, when Access asks you for a unique field, don't select anything and
> > hit ok.
> > Thus, you are telling access you have no index.
> >
> > This should allow you to get at your data until we figure out what "name"
> > has to do with this problem.
>
> I tried that, but it does not seem to help.  Perhaps Access is asking
> for the index information of its own accord?
>
> I have just discovered it also objects to:
>
> rt_url,
> url,
> genre,
> name_en,
> stored,
> stored1,
> address, and
> server.

Wait, I think I have it!

Access will not allow you to index on LongVarchar data types OR character types
that are longer than 254 characters (255 with null).  I bet these columns you
are having trouble with are Postgres TEXT types or varchars/chars that are over
254.

Check out the odbc driver setup options dialog.  You can map TEXT fields to
plain varchar; then set the LongVarChar size to 254, and it should work!

Byron