Re: [HACKERS] money or dollar type

От Thomas G. Lockhart
Тема Re: [HACKERS] money or dollar type
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] money or dollar type  (darcy@druid.net (D'Arcy J.M. Cain))
Re: [HACKERS] money or dollar type  ("Jose' Soares Da Silva" <sferac@bo.nettuno.it>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> I think that PostgreSQL money type should be very useful if we could
> remove the dollar sign. We can't use it with Lira/Peseta/Mark etc.
> In europe now we have Euro. If we remove the $ it will be useful
> otherwise we have to rename it to 'dollar'. ;-)

Have you tried compiling with "USE_LOCALE" turned on and with the right
setting for LC_xxx? The code is supposed to use local conventions, but I
don't know if it works in the way you want. I agree that it should...

> PS: Is there a reason to left justify it ?

That is just an artifact of the column formatting; all columns are left
justified in psql afaik.

                  - Tom