Re: renaming configure.in to configure.ac

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: renaming configure.in to configure.ac
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> That one does more or less what Dagfinn suggests except in a separate repo.
> We could also just have a separate repo for it where people could push if
> we wanted to. Which could be committers, or others. But in comparison with
> what Perl does, I would assume actually having "just committers"be able to
> push would really be enough for that. A committer should be able to judge
> whether a patch needs extra cross-platform testing (and the cfbot does just
> fine for the limited platforms it runs on, which would still be good enough
> for *most* patches).

By and large, once a patch has reached that stage, we just push it to
master and deal with any fallout.  I suppose you could argue that
pushing to a testing branch first would reduce the amount of time that
HEAD is broken, but TBH I think it would not help much.  An awful lot
of the stuff that breaks the buildfarm is patches that the committer
was not expecting trouble with.