COCOMO & Indians

От Dmitry Turin
Тема COCOMO & Indians
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi, Pgsql-hackers.

We would like to obtain your opinion on these two questions:

1) We wanna append possibilities into Postgres engine, and wanna get top estimation for
size of code, cost and time of implementation.
1.1) We divide possibilities to elementary features, find analogues in already written
code, and suppose e.g., that quantity of lines for 'create timer' will be similar to
'create function', and that implementation for 'create timer' is easy than implementation
of 'create function' (because it already has prototype in 'create function', and coping
source code is possiblle)
1.2) We calculate cost and time by COCOMO http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cocomo

How relevant is this estimation ?

2) We are captivated by price of Indians,
we listened much about low quality of code, written by Indians,
we are fearing, that American company will resale implementation to Indian subcontractor
(i.e. real developers will be Indians anyway).

What requirements should satisfy code, written by Indians, to be in next version of Postgres ?

Dmitry (SQL50, HTML60)