Re: pgsql/src (Makefile.global.in)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql/src (Makefile.global.in)
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
>> Uh, why don't we just make it generate all its output files each time?

> Because the commands in a rule should generally only update the target
> file.

If you insist ...

Perhaps the answer is to treat stamp-h as a real output file (ie,
generated from a stamp-h.in file) rather than hacking it into place
as an AC_OUTPUT extra command.  It looks to me like config.status
only does the keep-the-old-timestamp bit for CONFIG_HEADERS files,
not CONFIG_FILES files, so classifying stamp-h as the latter kind
would make things work.