Re: Failure to Call a Nested Function

От Vibhor Kumar
Тема Re: Failure to Call a Nested Function
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Feb 25, 2011, at 9:08 AM, Manlin Vee wrote:

> REATE FUNCTION
> psql:/path/to/my.sql:(line 25): ERROR: :  syntax error at or near
> "check_year"
> LINE 1: check_year( $1 )
>        ^
> QUERY:  check_year( $1 )
> CONTEXT:  SQL statement in PL/PgSQL function "check_age" near line 5
> psql:/path/to/my.sql:(line 30): ERROR:  function check_age() does not exist
>

> Interestingly, if I append "PERFORM" before line "20" to invoke
> check_year(), the error message subdues. What am I doing wrong? Do I have

Yes. Function can be call using SELECT OR if you want to ignore the Result then you can use perform.

Thanks & Regards,
Vibhor Kumar
EnterpriseDB Corporation
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company
Cell: +91-932-568-2279
vibhor.kumar@enterprisedb.com
Blog:http://vibhork.blogspot.com

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Enabling SSL fails to restart server