Re: suspicious valgrind reports about radixtree/tidstore on arm64

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: suspicious valgrind reports about radixtree/tidstore on arm64
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Ranier Vilela <ranier.vf@gmail.com> writes:
> Em qua., 19 de jun. de 2024 às 20:52, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> escreveu:
>> Hah: it's the second case.  If I patch radixtree.h as attached,
>> then x86_64 valgrind complains about
>> ==00:00:00:32.759 247596== Conditional jump or move depends on
>> uninitialised value(s)
>> ==00:00:00:32.759 247596==    at 0x52F668: local_ts_node_16_search_eq
>> (radixtree.h:1018)
>> showing that it knows that the result of vector8_highbit_mask is
>> only partly defined.

> I wouldn't be surprised if *RT_NODE_16_GET_INSERTPOS*
> (src/include/lib/radixtree.h),
> does not suffer from the same problem?

Dunno, I only saw valgrind complaints in local_ts_node_16_search_eq,
and Tomas reported the same.

It seems moderately likely to me that this is a bug in aarch64
valgrind.  Still, if it is that then people will have to deal with it
for awhile yet.  It won't cost us anything meaningful to work around
it (he says, without having done actual measurements...)