Re: stderr & win32 admin check

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: stderr & win32 admin check
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
"Dave Page" <dpage@vale-housing.co.uk> writes:
> This will prevent PostgreSQL being runable on NT4 by anyone with admin
> privileges, except as a service.

Are we actually supporting NT4?  I recall quite a bit of discussion long
ago about which versions of Windows were really reasonable to support,
but I don't recall if there was a definite outcome.

"Can't run Postgres securely" would be a more-than-sufficient reason
not to support NT4, IMHO.

> I would suggest changing the error to a warning, or perhaps adding a
> command line switch to 'downgrade' the error to a warning, thus forcing
> an explicit action on the part of the user.

See above.  I don't want PG to become the next virus vector.

Сообщение: Re: stderr & win32 admin check
Сообщение: Re: stderr & win32 admin check