Re: pgindent run?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgindent run?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>> With RC1 nearing, when should I run pgindent?  This is usually the time
>> I do it.

> Does the silence mean I should pick a date to run this?

If you're going to do it before the release, I think you should do it
*before* we wrap RC1.  I've said before and will say again that I think
it's utter folly to run pgindent at the conclusion of the test cycle.
I've been around this project for three major release cycles and we have
seen errors introduced by pgindent in two of them.  I don't trust
pgindent to be bug-free and I don't believe you should either.