Re: BUG #17522: While using --with-ssl=openssl and PG_TEST_EXTRA='ssl' options, SSL test fails on OpenBSD 7.1

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #17522: While using --with-ssl=openssl and PG_TEST_EXTRA='ssl' options, SSL test fails on OpenBSD 7.1
Дата
Ответ на Re: BUG #17522: While using --with-ssl=openssl and PG_TEST_EXTRA='ssl' options, SSL test fails on OpenBSD 7.1  (Jacob Champion <jchampion@timescale.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
Jacob Champion <jchampion@timescale.com> writes:
> On Wed, Jun 22, 2022 at 9:16 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Why not?  We're still in beta, and pretty early at that.

> Mostly just that the test failure isn't new behavior in 15,

... which raises the question of whether we should back-patch ...

> Moving from lax to strict validation means plenty
> of IETF spec reading to make sure we don't throw away useful hostnames
> by accident.

True.  I'd be content to disallow '/' and move on.

Or we could just drop this test case.