Re: [HACKERS] char types gone.

От Thomas G. Lockhart
Тема Re: [HACKERS] char types gone.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Have managed to delete char2,4,8 and 16.
> Three points now...regression tests, docs and interfaces.
>
> 1. Regression tests make very extensive use of char16.  Seems to
> me that these should be changed to a name.  Same for tutorial and
> any other example references in the code.  Seem ok?

Any reason not to use "text" for these cases? Or even varchar()? "name"
is probably really only an internal Postgres type. We should have a
regression test for it if we don't already. Let me know if you want me
to help...

> 2. I'll take my best shot at the docs.

Where? The man pages or the sgml sources? I'm shooting for getting the
sgml sources right, and obsoleting the man page _sources_, regenerating
them from the sgml instead.

                       - Tom

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] mega-patch--tcl/tk configuration
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] mega-patch--tcl/tk configuration