Re: Display Pg buffer cache (WIP)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Display Pg buffer cache (WIP)
Дата
Re: Display Pg buffer cache (WIP)
Список pgsql-patches
Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> writes:
> Mark Kirkwood wrote:
>> +         TupleDescInitEntry(tupledesc, (AttrNumber) 5, "relblockbumber",
>> +                                     NUMERICOID, -1, 0);

> I think this should be an int4, not numeric.

needs spell check too ;-)

More generally, BlockNumber is unsigned and so int4 is not at all an
accurate conversion.  Perhaps OID would be a good choice even though
it's horribly wrong on one level.

> Otherwise, looks good to me. Barring any objections, I'll apply this
> with a few stylistic tweaks and the numeric -> int4 change tomorrow.

I would rather see this as a contrib module.  There has been *zero*
consensus that we need this in core, nor any discussion about whether
it might be a security hole.