Re: [HACKERS] Re: [QUESTIONS] MySQL benchmark page

От Thomas G. Lockhart
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: [QUESTIONS] MySQL benchmark page
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > What does it mean when MySQL says "Ignored" in the CREATE INDEX
> > entry?
>
> mysql isn't supporting create index like the ansi sql way. You must
> create an index in the create of the table with mysql. It's accepting
> create index statements but it isn't doing anything with it so that's
> why it's ignored.

You are holding MySQL and Postgres to different standards when
developing your comparison table. Frankly, it seems that we should meet
somewhere in the middle on this if you are hoping for further
collaboration on developing a test suite :(

                    - Tom