Re: [QUESTIONS] timespan

От Thomas G. Lockhart
Тема Re: [QUESTIONS] timespan
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> >I'll have to guess:
> >You are running glibc2 on Linux, and it is earlier than full 2.0.7.
> >The solution, if you are running Debian or RH, is to upgrade your
> >library. The last time I looked a RH rpm was available at
> >//ftp.redhat.com/home/gafton/glibc/ (or something like that).
> >There is also a chance that your binary needs to be built without one
> >of the library optimizations which inlines math functions, but I'm
> >not certain about that.
> >If you are running something else, can't help you :)
> I'm running RH 5.0 postgres 6.3, but the same with 6.2.
>
> I've installed glibc 2.0.7 as you suggested, i reconfigure and
> recompile, but the results where the same i insert 4 hour and the
> record display @ 3 hours 59 minutes 60 seconds.
>
> You suggested recompilation without optimization of the inline math
> functions, but where i have to make changes to do that?

Well, I have to admit that my first tries on my plain-but-updated RH5.0
box did not succeed either, but when I tried again with a new binary
from the RH site things magically started working. You say you
"reconfigured and recompiled"; so you are not using the RH rpm? I can't
remember which compiler flags might have been set or cleared, and I
can't find the message which I am vaguely recalling contained that info.

Can someone else remember??

                         - Tom