Re: [HACKERS] varchar() vs char16 performance

От Thomas G. Lockhart
Тема Re: [HACKERS] varchar() vs char16 performance
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Will there be a warning about using a "depreciated type" in 6.4 or are
> we going to have this gunking up the grammer forever? :)

Good idea. Then we can pull it out of the grammar sometime later. Now,
if these types are in a loadable module, then we can't actually do
anything in the parser anyway, since the loadable module would never
work. Are these character types worth keeping at all? Less support and
no performance benefit leaves me thinking not...

                        - Tom