Re: [HACKERS] postgres/alpha problems

От Thomas G. Lockhart
Тема Re: [HACKERS] postgres/alpha problems
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> On Tue, 10 Mar 1998, Pedro J. Lobo wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 9 Mar 1998, Brett McCormick wrote:
> >
> > >well, it looks like we're moving postgres to a linux machine, so I
> > >won't be doing any more alpha debugging for a while (BTW, adjusting
> > >some types on the attribute struct to make it 64-bit aligned had no
> > >effect) unless someone has some suggestions for me to try (aside from
> > >the snapshot thing, I figure anyone with an alpha can do that.  let me
> > >know if I should).  I haven't given up, however my free time is
> > >limited and obviously I can't do it on my employer's penny anymore
> > >(beleive it or not, I did have permission), and I'd also like to work
> > >on pl/perl & odbc stuff.
> >
> > Ok, I could do the cvs stuff. No promises about time, though. Marc? How
> > can we do it?
>
>         *pop head up*  Do what?  Only way of grabbing the current source
> tree is via CVSup...I could make a tarball of the CVS repository available
> as of the time of the v6.3 release, if that helps...?

CVSup supports the "snapshot" idea directly. Use the "*default date"
parameter:

  *default date=98.01.20.00.00.00

to retrieve the source tree as of midnight, January 20. I have used this
successfully just recently in trying to track down a problem. The nice thing
is that you can change this date and CVSup will roll back any more recent
changes without requiring you to download the entire tree, and afaik does all
the right things to make this work correctly.

My complete "oldtree" CVSup configuration file is enclosed below. Prepending
a "#" to the defaultdate parameter line will give you the usual behavior of
picking up the latest version of the tree.

                                                  - Tom

# This file represents the standard CVSup distribution file
# for the PostgreSQL ORDBMS project
# Modified by lockhart@alumni.caltech.edu 1997-08-28
# - Point to my local snapshot source tree
#
# Defaults that apply to all the collections
*default host=postgresql.org
*default compress
*default release=cvs
*default delete use-rel-suffix
*default tag=.
*default date=98.01.20.00.00.00

# base directory points to where CVSup will store its 'bookmarks' file(s)
*default base=/opt/postgres/oldtree # /usr/local/pgsql

# prefix directory points to where CVSup will store the actual
distribution(s)
*default prefix=/opt/postgres/oldtree # /usr/local/pgsql

# complete distribution, including all below
pgsql

# individual distributions vs 'the whole thing'
# pgsql-doc
# pgsql-perl5
# pgsql-src

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] postgres/alpha problems
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] postgres/alpha problems